What is a power bank?
Power banks are used for giving portable power to charge battery-powered devices like mobile phones and other similar items that have a USB interface: they can charge via USB or wirelessly.
How a power bank works?
Power banks are not just a simple battery: they use advanced electronic systems to handle being charged and then charging other accessories. Not to make them overcharge, quantity of battery in the power bank is determined. Power banks are charged at the right rate and maintain the charging of portable devices, specially designed integrated circuits and modules that give all the necessary intelligence. Power bank operation basics: When studying how a power bank works, it is a battery into which power is transferred, typically from a main powered USB charger. This is stored and then passed out to the device under charge as needed. To aid this operation, the power bank not only consists of a battery itself but some sophisticated electronics which handle all of these operations. Two main technologies are used in power bank battery.
- Lithium-ion: Lithium-ion gives a high-power density and does not show the memory effect (when batteries become harder to charge over time). Lithium-ion batteries are significantly lower in price.
- Lithium polymer: Lithium-polymer batteries are usually more robust and flexible, particularly when it comes to the size and shape of their build. They manage to last longer. They are also lightweight; they have a low profile and have a lower chance of experiencing from electrolyte leakage.
Why to have a power bank with you?
It would help if you had the smartphone powered up at all times and all costs. The portable charger is, therefore, necessary to have in today's busy world. You will have the freedom to charge whenever and wherever you may be and without needing a wall outlet. The other amazing thing is that you do not have to wait around for the gadget to charge; you carry everything and continue with the daily activities. The main reasons to have a backup battery charger are:
- Selfie moments: selfies are a big thing today. If you want a special moment to be immortalized, then it is a must to take selfies and share. This can be done from literally anywhere. You can keep the smartphone fueled to take as many mug shots as you want until you are content.
- Social media and emails: there are social media gurus among us. You may want to make posts while on the go and engage with your family, friends, and audience. When you have the portable battery, you can charge as you have fun over the weekend without worrying about how low the battery goes. You can take photos and update your social pages as much and as often as you wish.
- Traveling: the phone is an essential partner while traveling from one place to the next. You can now use the phones to navigate cities using GPS, take videos and pictures, check different travel plans, and be in the know. All of the works usually take up most of your battery power, and when you have the battery backup, you can save the day.
- Playing games: we have all been hooked to games at one point or another. We all know how that goes; you can not stop playing. Games take up battery power. There is nothing as frustrating as trying to play a game while you are stuck at a wall outlet charging the phone at the same time. The portable battery handles this very well, and you can enjoy your games, even while on the go.
5 points to consider before buying a power bank:
When you are going to buy a power bank, you should do research on which one suits you and what to look in the power bank before buying it. The five essential points are as follows:
- Portability: Some power banks are small and light in weight to quickly slide into our pockets. Some of them just are hung in a bag. Consider their weight and try to avoid big designs only if you're going to take it every day.
- Capacity: Be aware that a power bank will never give its full-rated capacity to your device. The power is lost due to the production of heat and voltage changes. Some of them are expected to reach only about 70% efficiency. In such cases, a standard 10,000 mAh power bank will give only 7000 mAh of power, whereas the best one may offer about 90% efficiency. So, it's necessary to check your gadgets' battery specification to determine how many times you can get your device charged fully.
Charging and recharging: When it comes to recharging the PB, the higher the input number, the more speedily it gets loaded. For example, a 1Amp input will give an output of 5W (5V for USB), and a 2Amp input will provide an output of 10W. Not all brands, but a few of them give you a USB charger with the box. If you don't get one, you can use the USB that you got with your phone/tab. Note that, a PB device with a 2A (10W) input will not recharge its battery quicker than the one with a 1A (5W) when used with an underspecified USB charger and reversely.
- Price: When it comes to price, it is not a barrier because the best power banks with useful properties will be costly compared to a typical power bank. It entirely depends upon the devices that you're going to charge through your power bank and buy a perfect one proper for it.
- Additional features: The best power banks give auto-on and -off mode functionality, whereas some support only auto-on mode. A power button on their casing is usually used to light up the LED flashlight (if the power bank has one) and a separate series of LED light that shows how much power is remaining. Go for the one with LCD that tells you the precise remaining capacity so that you never get caught short anytime, anywhere.
The best power bank brands:
The best power banks are small and thick, making them easy for you to carry around, while also maintaining sufficient power to charge your devices repeatedly. Exactly what you need from your new power bank will depend on whether you're only looking to keep your phone full during a weekend away, or whether you need something more heavy-duty to keep equipment running while you're on the move meeting customers. The best power banks out there are listed below:
|Anker PowerCore 20100 power bank
|MAXOAK 50,000mAh Power Bank
|RAVPower Luster portable charger
|iMuto 20,000mAh power bank
|RAVPower Universal Power Bank Travel Charger
|RAVPower 20,000mAh power bank
|Mophie Powerstation Plus XL
|Anker PowerCore II 10,000mAh power bank
|AUKEY Power Bank 20,000mAh
|Omni 20 USB-C Portable Power Bank
Name: Muzammil. Revised Date: 07-08-2020