"I have nothing to lose! I keep all my valuables in a safe.", Ljupka Cvetanova
A safe (also called a vault or coffer) is a protected lockable box utilized for guarding precious items against theft and damage from fire. A safe is usually a hollow cuboid or cylinder, with one face being movable or joined to form a door. The body and door may be molded from metal (such as steel) or made of plastic through blow molding.
History of safes:
The invention of safes dates back to the 13th century BC; it was discovered in the monument of Pharaoh Ramesses II. They made it of wood, and it consisted of a locking system matching the advanced pin tumbler lock.
In the 16th century, blacksmiths in Austria, southern Germany, and France first manufactured cash boxes in sheet iron. These sheet-iron money cases worked as the samples for mass-produced money boxes in the 19th century.
In 1835, English designers Charles and Jeremiah Chubb received a license for a burglar-resisting safe and started producing safes. The Chubb brothers had manufactured locks since 1818. Chubb Locks was a self-supporting company until 2000 when it was sold to Assa Abloy.
Choosing your best home safes:
A home safe can be your most significant home security purchase that can keep all your valuables safe. It can guard your money, jewelry, documents, and everything that you want to keep safe from getting stolen or ruined by fire. Home safes have different characteristics. The common carries safe types that you can take about anywhere, and there are also the floor safes and the walls safes. All of these have their unique features and benefits; though, most people fancy the wall safes because you can hide them behind wall pictures or the cabinets. If you want to know how to select the best home safes for your valuables, here are the best features you should look at:
1. Your home safe must be theft and fire-resistant. There are large, reliable, and fixed types safes, but these are pretty costly although they can give you the best security for your money and valuables. You can also select the smaller types if you only have few valuables or have a low budget.
2. Select a home safe that has the sequence lock. Safes with combination locks are more secured than those that require keys. Experienced thieves can easily find means to unlock locks that need keys. You can also get home safes that have digital keys and have mechanical bolting features.
3. Buy a safe according to your wants. If you want to guard your guns against your kids, buy a heavier safe with sequence lock. If you wish to save your money in it, you will need an average-size safe. Smaller safes can accommodate jewelry. The bottom line here, however, is getting a very strong safe for all the items you want to protect and keep safe.
4. Choose a heavily-built wall safe if you are always leaving your home. Wall safes are more reliable and are an ideal option if you are frequently away from your home. However, the wall of your home must be deep enough to support the weight of the safe. For the safe, its walls must be at least.5-inch-thick, and the door must be at least 1 inch thick and made from solid steel. Large and long bolts must be used to adjust the safe inside the wall for a more secure grasp.
5. Don't fancy a carry safe that can be moved easily. Some people prefer to carry safes for their jewelry, believing that carry safes can give more protection than the cabinet drawers. But there are also disadvantages to these safes. These kinds of safes are very light to carry, and everything in it, including your safe, can disappear if thieves penetrate your home. If you like to have a carry secure, you must duck it in a foolproof place where burglars cannot find it easily. You can also find the fireplace or the loft to be the best places to hide your carry safe.
Following these tips, you can find a home safe that can give you the ultimate peace of mind. Sometimes, price does not value as long as the home safe can provide you the best security sense. If you have the money for an expensive but reliable home safe, why not purchase it? So, before buying your home safe, make sure you know the kind that you need and where you can fix it.
Top 7 best home safes:
Here is the list of the best seven home safes.
1. Tigerking Digital Security Home Safe:
The Tigerking Digital Security safe highlights an LED screen that supports a programmable control and user code. It gives a key plus code setting if a double layer of security is needed. It also incorporates a binary warning system that initiates an alarm if the safe records vibrations due to a potential break-in attempt or if the entered codes are incorrect three times. You can buy it for $249.99.
2. AdirOffice Home Safe:
It is made using steel construction to give long-lasting strength and use during the years. This pry-resistant safe provides physical security from a forced approach. In this safe, by using the keypad, you can build your numeric code for easy entry and reliable, secure storage. It has two override keys, making it possible to open the safe and reach your valuables even if you forget your password or if the keypad batteries run out. You can get it at only $149.95.
3. AmazonBasics 0.5 CF Security Home Safe:
This is a small safe that allows a 0.5-cubic-foot capacity. It can accommodate a wide variety of items, including passports, legal documents, cash, jewelry, and more. This safe has a steel construction with a scratch-proof covered floor. It also has mounting hardware for bolting to floor, wall, or shelf. Its price is $65.99.
4. Viking Security VS-50BLX Home Safe:
It offers a top-of-the-line locking system – upgraded 500 DPI. It has a Numeric Digital Keypad, optical fingerprint reader, and LCD. It is made of steel, laser cut, pry-resistant, and seamlessly welded with a military scratch-resistant finish. The locking bolts are motorized and strengthened by two anti-pry infusion slots for more security. Its price is $249.98.
5. SentrySafe CHW20221 Home Safe:
This safe provides UL classified fire protection, and the third-party tested water protection. Its constant waterproof seal perfectly protects the interior of this safe to keep your articles intact in the case of a flood. You can move this case comfortably with a handy, built-in carrying handle. You can get it for only $70.68.
6. AmazonBasics 1.52 CF Keypad Home Safe:
This safe gives 1.52 cubic feet of storage. Its access is managed with a simple to use, programmable electronic keypad, and handle. It has heavy-duty carbon steel construction. This safe has an 8-gauge steel door with two live-door nuts. It also involves pry-resistant hidden joints with a 14-gauge steel body. It has pre-drilled mounting holes to adjust it to the floor and wall. Its price is $113.06.
7. First Alert 2087F Waterproof and Fire-Resistant Home Safe:
It features Ready-Seal Technology, a secured lockdown mechanism that decreases the trouble of bolting down the safe. The Capacity of this safe is 0.94 cubic feet. It has four live-locking door bolts that give additional security by tightly locking the door in place. Its combination lock enables you to set your code for access to the safe. It is available in the market for $174.40.
Read more about security protection: https://alietc.com/security-protection/
Name: Samira H.
Revised Date: 27-07-2020