"My first job was cutting grass. In Miami, this grass grows everywhere. You just get the lawn mower
out, walk down the neighborhood, cut grass.", Barry Jenkins
A lawn mower is a machine using one or more spinning blades to cut a grass surface to an equal height. The mower's device may fix the height of the cut grass but usually is adjustable by the operator, generally by a single control lever.
Who invented lawn mower?
In 1830, Englishman Edwin Bear Budding invented the first mechanical lawn mower, based on a tool used to evenly cut carpet and contained a series of blades around a cylinder.
Almost after 40 years, the reel lawn mower arrived in the United States. In the beginning, horse drew them, Elwood McGuire of Richmond invented the first successful human-powered push lawn mower.
Different types of lawn mower:
When you have to select lawn mower, many people get confused. As there are many types of lawn mowers available out there. Let's discuss different types of lawn mowers, and see which one is suitable for which lawn.
Manual reel lawn mowers: Manual reel mowers are excellent for tiny lawns that are relatively smooth. If you have a flat, small lawn, this is the best type of mower. They do not have an engine, so reel mowers are lightweight. There are few moving parts, so they live long without the need for many adjustments, and they are noiseless. Along with that, reel mowers do an excellent job of cutting grass, although they miss big weeds. The main disadvantage of a reel mower is that you must walk faster to achieve the best cutting performance.
Battery-powered electric lawn mowers: Again, this is the right option for people with small flat lawns, although you can use it for a larger lawn than a reel mower. The advantage of this type of lawn mower is that they are sturdy, quiet, and do a fantastic job cutting the grass no matter how fast you walk. There are many critical disadvantages if you select a battery-powered lawn mower. First, as the battery spends its charge, the mower's cutting ability will decrease, making multiple recharges if your lawn is too big to do on one charge. Next, rechargeable batteries only live for a specific amount of time, replacing them can be costly, nearly as much as buying a new mower.
Electric lawn mower: You can say electric mowers are the big brother of battery-powered mowers. These types of mowers can be used on any lawn size if you have sufficient extension cord. Advanced electric mowers are all-powerful and very efficient, and they are noiseless. They do not need much service or replacement, so they are an excellent option for small, flat yards, although they can do large lawns. The only disadvantage of this mower is that they must be connected to electricity through extension cords, which you must pull with you as you mow.
Gasoline-powered walk- behind lawn mowers: These mowers are powered by a gasoline engine, which will need more maintenance than the mowers we have discussed earlier. They are also bigger and louder than the mowers mentioned above. Gasoline-powered mowers can be used on lawns with any sizes, with any grass, and no matter how much rough is your lawn. The only thing to stop this mower is your walking capacity. For larger yards, you should look into a self-propelled mower. You will have to decide between a two-cycle or four-cycle engine. Four-cycle engines run on ordinary gasoline; two-cycle engines need that you mix specific oil with the gasoline. Four-cycle engines are more comfortable to use, but two-cycle motors are usually quieter and more long-lasting.
Riding lawn mower: There are almost as many varieties of riding mowers as there are walk-behind mowers. They come in classes of lawn mowers (the smallest model), garden tractors (very large with many features), and zero-turn lawn mowers. If your lawn is more than an acre in size, you should buy a riding mower. This type of mower will save you a huge amount of time and energy when mowing large lawns. If you have many trees or other obstructions in your yard to move around, you should consider a zero-turn type of riding mower. Only people with big lawns, who do a lot of gardening and other sizeable outdoor yard work, would need to pick a garden tractor-sized riding mower.
Please visit https://alietc.com/suppliers/tools-hardware/ for more information about lawn mowers, and we also deal with the best lawn mowers, most of them are in big sale!
Precautions regarding lawn mowers:
We should always take precautions while working on lawn mowers.
- Read your mower's instruction handbook before use.
- Keep your mower in the proper working form with sharp blades. Only use a mower that has safety over hot and sharp parts.
- Pick up possible flying objects, such as toys, stones, and trash, before starting the mowing.
- Wear hearing protection, goggles, gloves, and long pants. Always wear durable close-toed shoes while mowing the lawn.
- Do not drink alcohol or use other drugs before or while using your lawn mower.
- Do not remove safety tools or defenders on switches.
- Never try to insert your hands or feet into the mower to remove grass. Even when the motor is turned off, the blade can still be rotating. Try to use a stick or broom handle.
- Never lift a mower by the base for transport; the blades can still cut fingers even if they are not spinning.
- Never cut the grass when it is wet or moist.
- Never let children under age 12 work on a push mower or those under 16 to drive a riding mower. Keep children away from the lawn while mowing, and never have a rider on your riding mower, specifically a child.
Best lawn mowers:
As there are so many mowers available in the market, we know that deciding which is the best lawn mower can be very difficult. You want a lawn mower that is reliable, well-built, and easy to use.
Following are the best lawn mowers available in the market:
1. GreenWorks 25142 Corded Lawn Mower $133.48
2. Husqvarna 960430211 YTA18542 Tractor Mower $129.23
3. Sun Joe MJ401E Mow Joe 14" 12 Amp Electric Lawn Mower $122.87
4. Great States 415-16 16" Reel Mower $84.87
5. BLACK+DECKER MTC220 Edger/Mower $ 99.14
6. Husqvarna 7021P 961330030 Lawn Mower $ 78.09
7. GreenWorks 25322 Cordless Lawn Mower $267.88
Read more about tool & hardware: https://alietc.com/suppliers/tools-hardware/
Name: Samira H.
Revised Date: 11-08-2020